For the past decade, Botox Cosmetic has been used to remove crow’s feet, and smooth out frown lines between the eyes. The name has even become synonymous for wrinkle removing injectables. While most people are familiar with Botox Cosmetic, there are some important and unique facts that you probably don’t know:
- Botox Cosmetic is the trade name for botulinum toxin, one of the strongest neurotoxins available.
- Botulism is an illness that can be caught from the botulinum toxin, usually from contaminated food. Botox Cosmetic is made from this same protein but is so purified and injected in such small amounts, it does not pose any threat to your health.
- Botox Cosmetic, with its ability to temporarily paralyze muscles, is used to help people with muscle problems, such as a weak bladder and muscle spasms.
- Botox Cosmetic not only removes wrinkles and lines; patients can also experience a reduction in migraines and painful headaches with the injection.
- Botox Cosmetic is injected under the arms to help people with overactive sweat glands, by reducing heavy perspiration.
- Botox Cosmetic is an extremely safe procedure, with few serious side effects reported.
- Less serious side effects seen after receiving Botox Cosmetic are slight swelling, bruising, and minor bleeding at the site of the injection.Although Botox Cosmetic is safe for most people, you should let your doctor know if you are pregnant or have an egg allergy, as the risks can be higher for you.
- Botox Cosmetic can be used in combination with dermal fillers to lift and tighten the face. This is sometimes referred to as a liquid face-lift.
- Anyone with a medical license can purchase and give Botox Cosmetic injections. You should only let a licensed cosmetic surgeon administer Botox Cosmetic, so do your research first.
To find out even more about Botox Cosmetic, set up an appointment with Vitenas Cosmetic Surgery. We can answer all of your questions and show you what Botox Cosmetic can do for you.