No matter the skin type or ethnicity, there are only two types of facial wrinkles.
Static lines result from tissue laxity, as the skin’s collagen stores are depleted. Dynamic lines are created through repetitive muscle movements and facial expressions. As we age, both types of fine lines and wrinkles occur with increasing regularity.
Botox Cosmetic is America’s most popular, noninvasive treatment because of its superior ability to curb the dynamic-form of wrinkles. These lines form at right angles to the attached facial muscle. Botox relaxes the muscle, temporarily smoothing the associated wrinkles.
So where exactly is Botox useful? The muscle anatomy most often benefiting from the paralyzing effects of Botox Cosmetic:
- Frontalis Muscle: The cause of unsightly Forehead Lines.
- Corrugator Supercilii & Procerus Muscles: These muscles result in Frown Lines between the eyes.
- Orbicularis Oculi & Procedure Muscles: Crow’s Feet, at the corners of the eyes, occur with repetitive constriction of these muscles.
- Orbicularis Oris Muscle: Smoking or regular straw use causes Smoker’s Lines.
- Depressor Anguli Oris & Trangularis Muscles: These muscles cause deep Marionette Lines to form between the mouth and nose.
- Mentalis Muscle: The muscle to blame for the pinpoint areas that dot across the chin.
- Platysma Muscle: Weakened muscles and repetitive neck straining may result in accentuated, horizontal Neck Bands.
- Axillary (Underarm), Palmaris (Palms), or Plantaris (soles of feet): These muscles are responsible for the production of acetycholine, causing Hyperhidrosis, or overactive sweating.
Along with correcting a host of other aesthetic and physical problems, Botox Cosmetic can be used to do more than treat the fine lines caused by one particular muscle. When an experienced provider applies Botox, the brow can be lifted and Bunny Lines (along the sides of the nose) eliminated.
Did you know that at Mirror Mirror Beauty Boutique you do not need an appointment for Botox Cosmetic? That’s right. But if getting your Botox treatment onto the calendar works best for you, call our office at (281) 407-9549 and let us help with scheduling. For those busy women who suddenly realize the best time for Botox Cosmetic is right now, Mirror Mirror is happy to accommodate walk-ins for the wrinkle-fighting injectable.